Before jetting off on a holiday, it is important to note the following:
- Ensure sufficient validity of your passport. Most countries do not allow entry to travellers with less than six months to passport expiry
- Buy comprehensive travel insurance to protect against any emergencies such as cancellation of trips, medical care and lost or stolen luggage. Always read the fine print and review the plan before purchasing. Travel Guard Chartis is NATAS’ official travel insurance partner.
- eRegister yourself with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). This is a voluntary and free service provided by the MFA to all Singapore citizens. The information will allow registrants to be contacted during an emergency or crisis. Visit http://eregister.mfa.gov.sg
- After registering with MFA, take note of the contact details of the nearest Singapore embassy of the destination that you will be heading to
- Make copies of your passport, credit cards, travel insurance and keep them separately.
- When packing your bags, do take note of airline regulations with regards to the carrying of liquids, aerosols and gels (LAG) onboard
This travel advisory is brought to you by the National Association of Travel Agents Singapore (NATAS). NATAS is a trade association representing the travel agency community.